Search

Hi, guest ! welcome to CineClouds.com. | About Us | Contact | Register | Sign In

Friday, October 22, 2010

Padma Priya Says It is the movies which keep me going not the awards

Padma Priya Says It is the movies which keep me going not the awards
Actress Padmapriya, who was singled out for special mention by the National Film awards jury this year for her performances, is not one to wallow in self-pity after having missed out on the top honour but has remained focused on movies which, she says, drive her.

"I am never disappointed in life. It is the movies which keep me going not the awards. What you said about 'Pokkisham' (Tamil) being neglected by all award ceremonies in Tamil Nadu, if I take all these things, the burdens of the world on my shoulders... I'll stop working," she adds.

The jury made a special mention for the "range and skill" of the actress in her portrayal of "varied characters in films of different languages".

Padmapriya had essayed different roles in 'Pazhassi Raja','Kutty Srank' (both Malayalam) and 'Pokkisham' (Tamil).

0 comments:

Post a Comment