Search

Hi, guest ! welcome to CineClouds.com. | About Us | Contact | Register | Sign In

Friday, September 9, 2011

Vikram’s next big film ‘Karikalan' under Trouble

Vikram’s next big film ‘Karikalan’ created ripples when those eye catchy pictures portraying Vikram as a Warrior King were released recently, and it had wide appreciations for its concept and colour! Critics and other fans predicted that the film would also come as a neat production like the beautiful pictures.

But, contrary to the happy beginning the film is now in a trouble that writer A R Gandhikrishna, who did ‘Chellame’ and ‘Anandha Thaandavam’, is now complaining that his name was not there in the credits of the promotional stills of the film in spite of him being the original writer of the story and the script.

“I was introduced to L I Kannan, the director of ‘Karikalan’, and the one-liner of the story was told to him by me. I also wrote the whole script as an official writer of the film when the director and producer asked me to write. Now they have blackened my name by not mentioning my name and giving credit to me in the promotional pictures”, says the angry writer-director.

But, the director has his version of the controversy and he says, “As a senior writer-director he was consulted by me and my team in writing the script. He cannot claim for the whole script when he had only given some suggestions!”

The film is a story of the legendary king Karikala Cholan. The film is directed by debut director L I Kannan and features ‘Chiyan’ Vikram as the warrior king. New faces Zarine Khan, Mitra Kurien and Radhika Apte are the three actresses who are going to do the three leading ladies role.


0 comments:

Post a Comment