Search

Hi, guest ! welcome to CineClouds.com. | About Us | Contact | Register | Sign In

Monday, February 13, 2012

Pop queen Whitney Houston passed away


The world was gripped by an overpowering force, a force that grew as a magnificent idol, a voice that seduced every stiff-neck and an artiste who came to be called “the diva to end all divas” — Whitney Houston will always be one of the greatest artistes of all times!“It is absolutely shocking. I’ve been very upset from the time I’ve heard the news,” says Grammy Award winner and playback singer Tanvi Shah. “I grew up listening to Whitney’s songs, I love her tracks like I Wanna Dance With Somebody, When You Believe and I Have Nothing To Lose. Her demise, just before the Grammys is very sad. It’s a huge loss to everyone,” she adds.
Whitney’s death came on the eve of the Grammy Awards, where her mentor, record mogul Clive Davis, was holding an annual pre-event party at which she was scheduled to perform. Whitney was the first female artiste in music history to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart. “I would like to classify Whitney as a classy ‘soul’ singer. Her lyrics had so much character, they touched you,” says actress Jennifer Kotwal, a huge fan. “Her songs were mood-lifters. From the Greatest Gift of All to I’m Every Woman which is my number one, Whitney Houston was like Michael Jackson to me. Things that you grow up to treasure as a child will always stay with you. That’s how Whitney will remain too,” says Jennifer.
REACTIONS
First of all, I want to tell you that I love you all. Second, I would like to say, I love you Whitney. The hardest thing for me to do is to come on this stage.”
Houston's ex-husband Bobby Brown
She had everything, beauty, a magnificent voice. How sad her gifts could not bring her the same happiness they brought us.”
Barbra Streisand
Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston. She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace
the earth.”
Mariah Carey
Indian music industry chose to write about her on their social micro-blogging site. While music director and singer Shankar Mahadevan extended his condolence with a simple 'Whitney Houston R.I.P', music director Vishal dadlani expressed: 'RIP Whitney Houston. What a singer, what an artist, what a life! Goodbye, and May you find happiness.'
The Maestro of Madras, A.R.RAHMAN too, had something to say about Houston. "Another shining star of the music world gone too soon...! We will miss you, Whitney... Respect and prayers for you! “
Whitney Houston will be missed, and though she is no more, she'll continue to live in our hearts and through her songs. The songstress' 'I Will Always Love You' from 'Bodyguard' was by far everybody's favorite. She had many winners under her belt and was the recipient of an impressive count of six Grammy trophies!

Whitney Houston’s 10 best singles
1. I Will Always Love You
2. The Star Spangled Banner
3. I’m Your Baby Tonight
4. Where Do Broken Hearts Go?
5. So Emotional
6. Didn’t We Almost Have It All?
7. I Wanna Dance With Somebody
8. Greatest Love of All
9. Saving All My Love For You
10. How Will I Know

0 comments:

Post a Comment