Search

Hi, guest ! welcome to CineClouds.com. | About Us | Contact | Register | Sign In

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The popular cinematographer Mankada Ravi Varma Passed away

Mankada Ravi Varma Passed
Mankada Ravi Varma, the popular cinematographer who worked for Malayalam and Tamil films has expired today.

He was 84 and has been suffering from Alzheimer's disease since the past many years.

He was particularly associated with Adoor Gopalakrishnan. After his death, Adoor wrote 'I never asked him why he only worked only with me, as he used to say he wanted to do only good films. Raviettan is the only person to whom I used to courier my script before they were made. His response and clarity on my script encouraged me a lot'.

Ravi Varma was born at Mankada in Malappuram district to K.K. Thampuratti and A.M. Parameswaran Bhattathiripad on 4 June 1926. Varma was keenly interested in photography since a child. He had his graduation from Victoria College, Palakkad and later learned motion picture photography at the Institute of Film Technology (FTII) in Chennai.

Newsofap.com prays for his departed soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment